Firs Lake Rules
Please read the rules below before booking your visit to ensure you are familiar with these.
Firs lake France is best suited for a maximum of 3 anglers.
- 3 Rod limit for each angler
- Minimum 15lb breaking strain line (Recommended 18lb+)
- Fresh or Frozen Boilies only (No Shelf-Life Boilies).
- Barbed or micro barb hooks only
- Bait boats are allowed please use them sensibly
- No fixed lead systems, please use a safe lead system, where the lead can either be dumped or can easily pass over leaders and knots, for example:
- Lead clip setup
- Inline drop off
- Running rig
- Chod rigs where the rig can pass over the leader and knot
- No sacking of fish
- No bait to be left on rigs when you bring your rods in due to wildlife.
- Do not leave your rods un-attended
- Please “kneel” when taking photos of fish and insure the unhooking mat is underneath or take photos of your catch in the water, NEVER stand holding the fish
- No Fires, fire pits or BBQs around the lake
- No swimming in the lake. Wading in the margins to cast, play, photograph or return fish etc is acceptable.
- No rubbish or discarded line to be left around the lake
- A rowing boat is available for your use (at your own risk), life jackets must be worn at all times. If you get snagged up while playing a fish please use the boat and make every effort to free (and hopefully land) the fish, whilst being mindful of your own safety.
To ensure safety of the fish at Firs Lake, and to help save you valuable packing space, the following items of equipment are provided and MUST be used:
- 3x Fox deluxe cradle unhooking mats
- 3x Fox EOS 46″ Landing nets
- 3x Fox STR flotation weigh slings
- 3x Euro weigh tripods
- 3x Reuben Heaton 60lb scales
- 1x Reuben Heaton 120lb scales
- 1x Catfish weigh sling
- 1x Catfish XXXL unhooking mat