Firs Lake Rules
Please read the rules below before booking your visit to ensure you are familiar with these.
Firs Lake France is best suited for a maximum of 3 anglers.
- 3 Rod limit for each angler
- Minimum 15lb breaking strain line (Recommended 18lb+)
- Fresh or Frozen Boilies only (Shelf-Life Boilies or Pop-Ups may be used for hookbaits only).
- Pre-prepared Hemp and Particles only (e.g. Ready cooked and prepared tubs or jars – NO cooking or preparing of particle allowed on site)
- Barbless or Micro barb hooks
- Bait boats are allowed, please use them sensibly
- No fixed lead systems, please use a safe lead system where the lead can be dumped if snagged, for example:
- Lead clip setup
- Inline drop off
- Running rig
- Naked Chod rigs
- No Leadcore leaders
- No sacking of fish (you may briefly retain a fish in the sling while
- No bait to be left on rigs when you bring your rods in due to wildlife.
- Please “kneel” when taking photos of fish and insure the unhooking mat is underneath or take photos of your catch in the water, NEVER stand holding the fish
- Do not leave your rods un-attended
- No Fires, fire pits or BBQs around the lake (A BBQ is provided and to be used on the patio only)
- No swimming in the lake. Wading in the margins to bait-up, cast, play, photograph or return fish etc is acceptable.
- No rubbish or discarded line to be left around the lake
- A rowing boat is available for your use (at your own risk), life jackets must be worn at all times. If you get snagged up while playing a fish please use the boat and make every effort to free (and hopefully land) the fish, whilst being mindful of your own safety.
- Please keep bait, fishing tackle and wet fishing equipment in the “Fisherman’s Den” and not in the house.
- Landing nets, Unhooking mats etc are stored the Fisherman Den on your arrival and should be returned here at the end of your visit (equipment must NOT be left round the lake please return it here before your departure).
- Inside the Fisherman’s Den you will also find a large chest freezer and stand up fridge freezer for you to store your bait
To ensure safety of the fish at Firs Lake, and to help save you valuable packing space, the following items of equipment are provided and MUST be used:
- 3x Fox deluxe cradle unhooking mats
- 3x Fox EOS 46″ Landing nets
- 3x Fox STR flotation weigh slings
- 3x Euro weigh tripods
- 3x Reuben Heaton 60lb scales
- 1x Reuben Heaton 120lb scales
- 1x Catfish weigh sling
- 1x Catfish XXXL unhooking mat
- 1x 72″ Catfish Landing net
- 1x Small match style landing net (For use in stock pond only)