Firs Lake France Terms and Conditions
1. The property known as Firs Lake and its lake are offered for holiday rental subject to our confirmation to you.
2. To reserve Firs Lake and its lake you should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (£200 per week booked). Following the receipt of the booking form and deposit, we will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent (see Clause 5) is payable in two equal installments in the case of bookings of one week, one not less than twenty weeks, the other not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. In the case of bookings of two weeks or more the balance (together with the security deposit) is payable in three equal installments, the first 12 months before the holiday (or when booking if the holiday is less than 12 months away), the second not less than twenty weeks and the third not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If the payment is not received by the date due, we reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. You will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless we are able to re-let Firs Lake and its lake. In this event, Clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking. The security deposit is payable four weeks before the start of the rental period.
4. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period should be settled locally with us before departure.
5. A security deposit of £200 for each holiday booked is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause does not limit your liability to us. We will account to you for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
6. Subject to Clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if we are able to re-let Firs Lake and its lake, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. You are strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by our insurance.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4.00 pm on the first day and finish at 10.00 am on the last day. We will not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and you will not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
8. The maximum number to reside in Firs Lake must not exceed six (or seven if the party includes a child under three years old and sleeping in the cot provided), or by prior arrangement.
9. You agree to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of Firs Lake and its lake and to leave them in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. We reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if you leave Firs Lake in an unacceptable condition. You also agree not to act in any way which would cause disturbance or nuisance to residents in neighboring properties.
10. You will report to us without delay any defects in Firs Lake or breakdown in the equipment or appliances in Firs Lake or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
11. We will not be liable to you for:
▪ any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to Firs lake, nor in respect to any equipment or appliance in Firs Lake or garden.
▪ any loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond our control.
▪ any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by you if Firs Lake and its lake shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, we will within seven days of notification to you, refund you all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12. Under no circumstances shall our liability to you exceed the amount paid to us for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England.